Dear Chapter Leader,
Pride will arrive for many communities this week! A few helpful reminders about ways you can engage with your community to celebrate PFLAG and Pride? Remember to #LeadWithLove when interacting with participants, collaborators, and attendees.
- Approach town/city councils about making a Pride proclamation or flying a Pride flag
- Use Pride Month as an opportunity for advocacy– rally chapter members to advocate at the local and state level. Remember that advocacy can be educational: Consider hosting a Read With Love-in
- Share your PFLAG story as a speaker during a Pride performance event.
- March and table at a Pride event hosted by another organization, represent PFLAG at other community parades or festivals such as a Juneteenth event, an interfaith breakfast, or a social hour.
- If applicable, uplift or volunteer with other organizations’ Pride events
- Write an op-ed for a local newspaper about PFLAG and Pride
As you solidify your plans to attend in-person events with your chapter this Pride season, keep safety a top priority! Don’t forget that we have additional safety guidance available here. Some states have passed discriminatory laws during the recent legislative session. If your chapter is located in such a state, please reach out to entities providing legal support in your area for proactive support.
Thank you for all that you do,
Laura Galeano (she/ella),
PFLAG Connects Manager